HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justin89

What bike prep. should I do before my first race on the 450?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my first race in the 450 class is this sunday and I was wondering what I should do preparation wise to my bike? This is what I have done so far: I have cleaned the air filter (and have a clean spare), changed the oil and oil filter , adjusted and lubed the chain, changed coolent about 3 rides ago and added Engine Ice , checked/tightened spokes, and have a practically brand new 742FA front tire and a brand new 756 rear tire. The race will be 8 laps at most and as few as 5 laps. (I believe) Any info on bike preparation or on racing in general will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:applause::p:eek:

ahh were you racing at?

but also lube the steering stem and swingarm linkage, run a tear off under the front fork seals, and have fun. this is just normal stuff i do when getting ready for a race.. also allows you to become 1 with the bike and get pumped up..

ahh were you racing at?

but also lube the steering stem and swingarm linkage, run a tear off under the front fork seals, and have fun. this is just normal stuff i do when getting ready for a race.. also allows you to become 1 with the bike and get pumped up..

I'm going to be racing round 3 of the spring series at Riverfront MX park in Marysville, Ca. Thanks for the tips!