HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desertfoxx

tale's from the trail, anyone?

1 post in this topic

Here is mine. A few years back while returning from a dual sport ride at Kennedy Meadows, the Jeep Cherokee tow vehicle's gearbox locks up. My girlfriend (at the time) and I have the Jeep towed into Ridgecrest CA. After spending the night at a motel, the shop in the AM reports it will take a few days to fix. We both decide to ride the bike home to Redondo Beach (about 120 miles). I tell my girlfriend to pack only the things she has to have out of the Jeep. She packs these things in a medium size shoulder bag. We then depart Ridgecrest, about 25 miles later just west of Jawbone Canyon there is a huge explosion right at the back of the bike. I pulled over, on the ground was the shoulder bag, on fire! Trying to find out what the hell happened, it seems she packed a can of hairspray and the bag was laying right on the exhaust! She was upset that her bikini was on fire among other things. Long story short. I later married her. Who would let a girl go who brings a bikini, lingerie, hairspray ect to a fall camping/riding trip in the mountains!!! :)