HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfreadman

Fresh 426 motor not starting easy

1 post in this topic

The bike engine has finally been rebuilt. I’m finally back to riding, and need some advice with its setup. Before I ignorantly ignored my cam chain stretching the bike was running great. The throttle response was strong from the bottom to the top with no hesitation. I credited the response to the power now, installed to get back some of the bottom end grunt lost with the YZ 450 EX cam.

:p

I made the assumption that if I left my carburetor alone and simply put it back on a fresh motor. The beast would be back. She has the dreaded hesitation off of the bottom and doesn’t want to start. Bumping the pilot up and installing the O ring mod cleaned up some of the hesitation, but was awful to start unless I turn up the idle high.

:eek:

What can I do for the starting problem? “Will start with a slightly cracked throttle”

O ring mod in conjunction with the BK mod? “recently installed the O ring mod”

I have RedBeard450’s AP Mod How to Guide and this doesn’t look like a fully applicable mod to my 426.

Will the carb need a little tweaking once the motor breaks in.

02 WR426

160 MAIN

200 MAIN AIR

Skinny YZ needle “I would have to pull for number”

CLIP # 2

48 PILOT

75 PILOT AIR

2 TURNS OUT

Grey cut / Yz throttle stop / Uncorked / O RING MOD / BK MOD / POWER NOW / HOT CAM EX (for the decompression ) sea level to 1000’