Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kasjok

About DynoJet kit and cold start knob...

6 posts in this topic

Firstly, could anyone say if this kit does anything better then the stock settings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-DynoJet-Stage-1-Jet-Kit-for-Yamaha-YZ-450-F-07_W0QQitemZ230218448209QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Secondly, could there be something wrong with my carb as my idle barely rises with cold start knob pulled out. The difference is no more then 100 RPM. It should rise to about 3000+ RPM, but it just sits around 2200-2300. With the knob out my idle is 2100 RPM. 48 pilot, 165 main, 1 - 3/4 on fuel screw. Altitude 0-700 ft and temperature about 60 F.

As far as the kit, a lot depends on the needle it uses, and whether it's an improvement or not. I'm not personally familiar with that line of kits.

On the idle question, the later bikes don't run that much faster with the choke on than with it off. At least, neither of my '06's do. I think that it's a matter of a smaller amount of extra fuel/air coming through the starter circuit.

I forgot to mention that SOMETIMES when I give it some gas with choke on it actually will idle around 3000 RPM. But thats only sometimes and then it drops down again after 10-15 seconds. I guess its just hanging idle allthough I think I do not have lean pilot circuit.

With the cold start knob pulled, you not only get more fuel, more air comes with it, and the two of them will do exactly what you describe. So far I haven't heard you say anything that was that unusual.

On the idle question, the later bikes don't run that much faster with the choke on than with it off. At least, neither of my '06's do

Yea my idle barely rises on my 07 450