The Best Bike I have ever Owned 06 YZ450

:eek:? I just picked up a clean 06 after coming off of an 05 and an 04. I cannot believe they can make such a different bike in just one year. This bike has increased my riding ability by about double. It will go up any hill I can find, just point, grab 3rd gear and pull the trigger. I should have broke down and sprung for a new one 2 years ago when they first came out, I've been missing out on a lot of fun.

?:applause::ride:

+1

i had an 06 YZ250F.. great bike but couldnt get it to handle right.

07 yz125 great bike but felt like a toy

two weeks ago i picked up a brand new 06 leftover YZ450F. all i can say is ? .

bike bone stock is the best handling bike ive ever ridden. all i did was set sag and it already out handles the 250f. power is amazingly controllable yet very strong. i thought the bike was going to beat me up but after getting on the track it feels soooo light for its size but stays planted sooo well.

all i can say is it was worth every single penny of the 4699 i paid for it. :eek:

Glad to hear you guys are diggin the bike!

I picked up a really clean, low hour 2006 YZ450 last fall for a track bike but only got a few rides on it because of snow. It worked great, but I'm more of a woods guy these days and ride my smokers there.

Well I got the itch to dial this bike in for some trail use and couldn't believe how well it worked on tight single track. The seller gave me a progressive ti 5.1 rear(2 pink marks) spring. I threw that on, along with a Q2 pipe, 51 tooth rear sproket, bar riser, drilled an extra hole in the clutch lever(better leverage) for easier pull, new rubber and raised the forks in the triple to about 10mm . I also did the fork oil and set the volume at the minimum.

Man, was I suprised how well it worked! It gobbled up trail whoops and walked up hills, and I rode about 30 miles of single track pretty hard and didn't feel worked. I thought it cornered great contrary to many other posts. Sag with the softer spring is set at 98mm.

Guess I better get some guards and bark busters, as this is no longer just a track bike.:eek:?

KH

awesome! love the screen name! i too got a 06' yz450 and it helped me become a much better rider also. i went from racing 125c last year on my 06' RMZ250 to runnin in the top 5 every weekend in open B on my 450. also make sure your on the right springs. i got my suspension set up by pro action of illinois a few weeks ago. (I weigh 150lbs) and OMG. what a dif even over the good stock suspension. I think after this season i will be racing A class. :eek: best bike ever!

awesome! love the screen name! i too got a 06' yz450 and it helped me become a much better rider also. i went from racing 125c last year on my 06' RMZ250 to runnin in the top 5 every weekend in open B on my 450. also make sure your on the right springs. i got my suspension set up by pro action of illinois a few weeks ago. (I weigh 150lbs) and OMG. what a dif even over the good stock suspension. I think after this season i will be racing A class. :eek: best bike ever!

Better get an 07 or 08 so you can make some $$ from Yamaha!!