Performance upgrade for the dunes

When I update my 05 I will be going to the dunes allot and was wondering how much more HP or will I be able to walk away from the other 450's on a hill with higher compression piston and cam or even a BB kit.

I ride 4000ft to 5000ft

When I update my 05 I will be going to the dunes allot and was wondering how much more HP or will I be able to walk away from the other 450's on a hill with higher compression piston and cam or even a BB kit.

I ride 4000ft to 5000ft

Are you going to go to St. anthony's alot? Your 05 should be just fine stock, majority of the bikes are already piped or have a BB kit. But the BB kit should be enough, i raced my 07 against a piped 06 KX450 he said he also had a high comp piston in it (i didnt beleive he did unless it was lack of skill), and i stuck right beside him all the way up choke cherry, hell and i even wheelied half the way up, so you will have enough fun racing even with a stock bike. Just get a pipe and have a clean air filter and some engine ice.

Nitrous? I have seen plenty of guys with it on there 450's in the dunes. You can get a switch or have it hooked up to your throttle, its cheaper, and i guess just more practical just un-hook it when you go to dirt. Problem solved

I have rode at ST. Anthony for 10 years and one thing is always true.

Someone always has a faster bike than yours!!!!! And it is usually a 500 as mentioned above.

I just tell myself this when I lose a race or two. But it is fun as hell to race and win as well. I have had an 04 and 05 450 and both have had a pipe and will hang with most bikes. Plus I am about 250 lbs, so I am at a slight disadvantage.

I have seen a 125 beat a 500 halfway up thunder all because of rider skill, and skill comes cheap, all you have to do is practice. Also try and run the least amount of air as possible in your rear tire without getting a pinch flat. You will be amazed at how much faster you can come out of the hole. I usually run mine around 4-5 lbs when I'm running the hill.