05 450 Triple Clamps

I'm thinking about going to some 22.5 offset triple clamps to improve the turning on my '05 450 along with adding a scotts stabilizer.

Is it worth doing to clamps and will I see real improvement in turning? I'm currently running my sag at 100mm and I think this may be a step in the right direction.

I had a set of Applied 22.5's on my '03 for a while, and it was better in some ways, worse in others, and overall, I really didn't like them all that much. In fact, I took them off.

They make the steering lighter, especially at low speed, and they make it a bit more willing to turn in, but they don't help the push much at all.

Try this first, it's free:

Raise the forks 5-6 mm in the clamps, and set your sag to 90-93. Changes the head angle.

I tried the different offsets on my 03 with similar results to GreyRacer. I settled on the Storm Racing Link to help the bike corner better and not push as much. The sag is set with this at 102 -105mm for the link to work properly.

http://stormcycles.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi

It must be noted that no matter what is done to a 03 -05 to help, they never will turn/corner as well as a 06 - 08:excuseme:

Thanks for the feedback. I've gotten used to the bike wanting to stand up in corners, when I first got the bike I went off the track because I wasn't ready for it. Since then the problem has been more with ruts, it really wants to climb up out of them and it wears me out after a while. I'm sure my suspension could be configured better, unfortunately I am no expert on the subject and can only try the basics.

I'll have to try adjusting the sag some more, the forks are currently raised to the second line in the clamps.

Thinking hard about the '08 YZ or CRF, we'll see. Was hoping for a relatively cheap fix for this year.

Thanks for the feedback. I've gotten used to the bike wanting to stand up in corners, when I first got the bike I went off the track because I wasn't ready for it. Since then the problem has been more with ruts, it really wants to climb up out of them and it wears me out after a while. I'm sure my suspension could be configured better, unfortunately I am no expert on the subject and can only try the basics.

I'll have to try adjusting the sag some more, the forks are currently raised to the second line in the clamps.

Thinking hard about the '08 YZ or CRF, we'll see. Was hoping for a relatively cheap fix for this year.

139.00 is a cheap fix:thumbsup: