HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grayracer513

YZF Day: 4/26

13 posts in this topic

It's that time of year again tomorrow. 4/26, YZF Day. Celebrate it with your buddies and your best 2-wheeled friend. :thumbsup:

YZM400F2sm.jpg?t=1209153695

Yeah, that's the one that started this whole thing. If you look closely, you can see there is not much resemblance to the production 400 engine that followed the next year.

there is not much of that bike that is anywhere close to my 99 yz400f.

the exhaust looks awesome.

the front fender looks pretty much the same..

Did they ever tell how much power that bike had? It was a one off works bike so it probably had the same power as today's factory bikes. I'm sure the powerband wasn't the same but peak HP and torque was most likely similar. Anyone know?

Power output in a race bike is always a compromise, and the power of the bikes in the larger classes is rarely the maximum the engine could potentially produce. It has to be balanced against rideability, durability, etc. Nascar and Can AM engines are not as powerful as Pro Stock engines, as a comparison.

If that's the same one Henry won the 'Vegas supercross on, I've seen it in person....Way cool. That was the first supercross I ever saw too.