HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twenty34

RG3 Linkage Photos to Stock Comparison

6 posts in this topic

There's been a lot of discussion in the CRF forum regarding aftermarket linkages. In this case, I bolted on an RG3 for a 08 CRF 450.

Here's the pics for anyone curious as how they measure compared up to stock. Sorry, only pics, but you can clearly see where the differences are.

RG3 is in black.

All the best.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6292576#post6292576

Rick just curious - what is gained on a 08 CRF from this mod? The linkage looks to be identical in length to the stock - is the pivot part where the difference lies?

On the 03 YZf450 which turns/corners like a freightliner stock, the StormLink helps tighten this up by changing the geometry of the steering with the correct sag.

Is this a problem on the 08 CRF? I thought the bike corners and handles turns very well.....and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Rick just curious - what is gained on a 08 CRF from this mod? The linkage looks to be identical in length to the stock - is the pivot part where the difference lies?

On the 03 YZf450 which turns/corners like a freightliner stock, the StormLink helps tighten this up by changing the geometry of the steering with the correct sag.

Is this a problem on the 08 CRF? I thought the bike corners and handles turns very well.....and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

All good questions. The long arm is about the same length, but pay attention to the black rocker pivot compared to stock. This alters the curve when the rear is traveling thru whoops, braking chop and driving our of corners as the rear compresses at a more linear rate with this product compared to stock.

It has less to do with steering, but turning can acualy be affected depending on what it does to the race SAG meaurements. After putting it on, my SAG seems to be a little less than beforehand. This of courase would affect the turning of the bike.

The bike does ride great, once you get it dialed, but like with any bike, fine tuning to a riders preference is why we spend money in this sport. Using this new linkage is about fine tuning and potentially helping in a few key areas as mentioned. I just put it on so I don't have a ride report as of yet, but all other ride reports are positive about it's performance.

Besides, it looks cool. :ride:

I'm curious as to why this post is here. RG3 makes no linkage components for YZF's and YZ's are not noted by anyone for having rear suspension issues related to linkage. The whole thing seems quite well off topic, and I'm inclined to move it to the general forum where it might be of use to a Suzuki or Kawasaki rider.

I'm curious as to why this post is here. RG3 makes no linkage components for YZF's and YZ's are not noted by anyone for having rear suspension issues related to linkage. The whole thing seems quite well off topic, and I'm inclined to move it to the general forum where it might be of use to a Suzuki or Kawasaki rider.

Grey, I think Rick misses us and just doesn't get the high esteemed, thoughtful and technical discussions that you and I and many others here can offer.....:thumbsup:

Grey, I think Rick misses us and just doesn't get the high esteemed, thoughtful and technical discussions that you and I and many others here can offer.....:rant:

Sorry guys. I didn't realize these aren't made for YZ's as they already handle so well out of the box.:ride:

Feel free to move it if you wish.

I was only interested in sharing information, but in this case, it's my oversite.

all the best everyone. :thumbsup: