HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swatdoc

where to buy a crated new bike for out of state shipment

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys - I'm looking to get one of the new TT-R110E's for my wife, but the Yamaha dealers in Hawaii all get their bikes from the same distributer, who in turn get their Yamahas directly from Japan.

apparently the new 110's are made in the usa, and none of the local dealers can get them here!

Can you guys help me find a dealer (preferrably California or at least west coast) that sells new bikes still in the crate, and that do out of state sales. Hopefully a discount dealer to help offset the shipping costs to Hawaii

thanks

did not know any manufacture would sell a crated bike because of liability issues,you put it together and front wheel falls off,get hurt,sue dealer.I do know some dealers that will assemble for check list, re-crate and ship. good luck

did not know any manufacture would sell a crated bike because of liability issues,you put it together and front wheel falls off,get hurt,sue dealer.I do know some dealers that will assemble for check list, re-crate and ship. good luck

Some dealers will simply sign the check list and have you initial it. Do not ask me how I know.....

thanks guys - i'll contact them!

Swatdoc, let me know how that goes...I have a buddy on Oahu that'd be interested in the info you find out...Thanks!

will do Goose

it's weird here how they can't get certain bikes. No TT-R125's or Rhinos over here either!