HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chevytrkn1

tire options? 2007 wr 450

13 posts in this topic

Only have about 150 miles from last summer on my 2007 wr 450, I did not like the stock front tire at all and i see the read tire wont last long. The bike has dr.d exhaust , jd jetted, and i ride just about every terrain except sand.

Mainly concerned with the front tire?

thanks

I asked this question about two weeks ago and got quite a few responses. I chose to go with a Bridgestone 601 front and 602 rear. It made a huge difference getting away from that stock 730 pile of poop.

Really happy so far with the 601 on the front...

I like the maxxis max cross ht front, I ran on my old bike and enjoyed it. When the stock one on my wr wears out that's what I'm using.:thumbsup:

1 person likes this

I like the maxxis max cross ht front, I ran on my old bike and enjoyed it. When the stock one on my wr wears out that's what I'm using.:thumbsup:

i also use those awesome tires .

The stock front is soooo bad, I wouldn't wait another day before replacing it. When you do, whatever tire you put on will become the best front tire youve ever seen. My vote goes to Pirelli Scorpion Pro.

The stock front tire is a death wish out here in the soft stuff... I just put on a Maxxis Desert IT on the front. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but I am expecting a significant improvement.:eek:

while the stock 739's suck....bad!.......the dunlop 756 is a great tracking and stable ride tire .....thats what i use and i ride on really hard packed dirt and rocks i.e. hollister and carnegie, ca

On my 07, Ive run the stock dunlops, a new set of michelins(both front and rear), a bridgestone rear only, and am now about halfway through a set of the maxxis IT series tires, and the winners are----the maxxis. They have performed the best, and have worn the best too. None of the other tires were bad, I would rank the michelin last though. The bridgestones were very nice but wore out quickly. Just my 2 cents.