HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
525rider

Sand in oil filter

12 posts in this topic

your oil breather may be picking it up??? Re rout it to your airbox and put a filter on the end of it. That sucks......

+1 on the breather hose

I have never seen a filter on the end of the breather hose. Any Pics or links?

I got the filter from an auto parts store, it is ment to go in a cars airbox, I think that it is either for the PVC valve or the crank case breather hose. I think it was $3, just find one that will fit on the end of your hose.

Using a hose long enough to reach your airbox is probably long enough to stop sand or dust.. I just dont want to take a chance.

I got the filter from an auto parts store, it is ment to go in a cars airbox, I think that it is either for the PVC valve or the crank case breather hose. I think it was $3, just find one that will fit on the end of your hose.

Using a hose long enough to reach your airbox is probably long enough to stop sand or dust.. I just dont want to take a chance.

honestly i wouldn't care if it was $50, after reading that thread about the guy spent 3 days in the dunes and ruined his bike...a $3,000 rebuild. i don't want to take my bike to the dunes ever again haha :thumbsup:

honestly i wouldn't care if it was $50, after reading that thread about the guy spent 3 days in the dunes and ruined his bike...a $3,000 rebuild. i don't want to take my bike to the dunes ever again haha :thumbsup:

I ride the sand dunes alot probably every other weekend in the summer if im not riding tracks or desert, and have spent many weekend holidays 5 day trips riding all day every single day in the dunes and i never have problems.

I have seen some riders reroute this breather tube down the frame under the skid plate /cut slightly shorter,(to avoid sand sucking) with good results or into the airbox (mainly to avoid water)......All the sand should be gone after a couple of oil changers...and be glad you did not get water in the motor, that is a lot of fun to deal with.

dont't understand the whole breather tube in airbox thing,thought that motors liked cool air as opposed to hot air comming from a motor that is 200 degrees