'07 450 timing chain replacement

I'm replacing timing chain on bike. When I opened up engine I realized I was on tooth off on the exhaust cam. I had only 13 pins between timing marks. What damage could have been done by being one tooth off? The bike ran great. I reshimmed in July of last yr so I imagined that is when I mis-timed bike. The valve clearances where still in spec.

I have replaced timing chain does this look right?

IMG_6079.jpg

I know gray has cover this alot but I just want to be sure. Thanks alot! ?

Once again DO NOT COUNT PINS between cams unless you are timing a 450 cam into a 426 head.

Use the timing marks as shown in the book. And, yes, the correct distance between cams on a 450 is 13 pins, but that is not how they are timed.

Note the above statement!

By the way, to further confuse the issue I'm pretty sure that the illustration drawing in the manual incorrectly shows 14 pins between the marks.

That is exactly how this error began. I was dissembling cams and counted 13 pins @ tdc then looked it up in manual illustration was 14. I freaked out, was going to sell the bike because I had around 6 races since I re-shimmed. I'm glad it was right. ?

I'm replacing timing chain on bike. When I opened up engine I realized I was on tooth off on the exhaust cam. I had only 13 pins between timing marks. What damage could have been done by being one tooth off? The bike ran great. I reshimmed in July of last yr so I imagined that is when I mis-timed bike. The valve clearances where still in spec.

I have replaced timing chain does this look right?

IMG_6079.jpg

I know gray has cover this alot but I just want to be sure. Thanks alot! ?

This picture is WRONG!