Skidplate

So I'm looking at a Flatland skidplate for my '07.

Anybody have one and like it/hate it?

So I'm looking at a Flatland skidplate for my '07.

Anybody have one and like it/hate it?

Love mine. Great coverage and has taken a beating without a whimper.:thumbsup:

I put the Flatland on my 07. I love it!

I wonder if anyone has tried putting a coating of UHMW plastic on the bottom of their skidplate...It works great as protection for the bottoms of aluminum drift boats and lets them slip over rocks. Might help deaden the sound a little too.

I wonder if anyone has tried putting a coating of UHMW plastic on the bottom of their skidplate...It works great as protection for the bottoms of aluminum drift boats and lets them slip over rocks. Might help deaden the sound a little too.

Interesting idea. Might have saved a few battle scars. I put some weather stripping along the frame rails to help deaden the sound a bit.

How thick is it? Do you brush it on?

I was looking for a skidplate as well.

How about some pic's of the flatland...

I was looking for a skidplate as well.

How about some pic's of the flatland...

Here you go...

Flatland.jpg

How thick is it? Do you brush it on?

I use a brush on kevlar epoxy coating on my aluminum driftboat bottom. It's probably 1/8" thick. But you can now get a UHMW coating as an option from the boat builders. They used to attach it in sheets with screws and washers, which wasn't great, but now they have a better way of doing it. I might give them a call. That stuff would be great on the bottom of an aluminum skidplate.