HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nitrox

What Do You Think About Step Seats?

7 posts in this topic

I'm tossing around the idea of putting a step seat on my 07 450f. I'd like to get some real feedback about what it does for your riding. I'm a big guy and wonder if it may push me too far forward. Might not be a bad thing for corners but has the step ever not allowed you to slide back when you need to? Has it ever put you in a wrong position when your seat jumping a jump or anything like that? Maybe you really don't know there's a difference when it comes down to it, but I'd like to hear your input if you ride motocross and have a step seat.

I am happy with the stock seat but maybe I'm missing something that may help improve some of my skills.

Thanks for any response

Craig

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

Do you feel like your not pushed too far forward for your size?

cb

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

i think it helps keep me in place, but mostly i feel a lot more confidence seat bouncing and cornering because i know exactly where i am on the bike.

I'm six foot. I run a tall seat with a seat step. Makes it great for hillclimbing. My son runs one now. It sure helps when the bike powers out of a turn.

I put a SDG step seat on my '06 and love it. I mostly woods ride and it's great for those steep switch backs and climbs. I'm 5'11 and it keeps right where I like to ride when sitting.

A couple taller (6'2"-6'5") friends have ridden my bike and it is too cramped for them.

-Lowedog