What Do You Think About Step Seats?

I'm tossing around the idea of putting a step seat on my 07 450f. I'd like to get some real feedback about what it does for your riding. I'm a big guy and wonder if it may push me too far forward. Might not be a bad thing for corners but has the step ever not allowed you to slide back when you need to? Has it ever put you in a wrong position when your seat jumping a jump or anything like that? Maybe you really don't know there's a difference when it comes down to it, but I'd like to hear your input if you ride motocross and have a step seat.

I am happy with the stock seat but maybe I'm missing something that may help improve some of my skills.

Thanks for any response

Craig

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

Do you feel like your not pushed too far forward for your size?

cb

I got one and like it. I am also on the large side ( 6ft 200#). I would not say it keeps me from sliding back really but it does help remind me where i am on the bike

No it feels like it puts me here i should be.

i think it helps keep me in place, but mostly i feel a lot more confidence seat bouncing and cornering because i know exactly where i am on the bike.

I'm six foot. I run a tall seat with a seat step. Makes it great for hillclimbing. My son runs one now. It sure helps when the bike powers out of a turn.

I put a SDG step seat on my '06 and love it. I mostly woods ride and it's great for those steep switch backs and climbs. I'm 5'11 and it keeps right where I like to ride when sitting.

A couple taller (6'2"-6'5") friends have ridden my bike and it is too cramped for them.

-Lowedog