HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stoy66

Dual Sport Tires

12 posts in this topic

I'm dual sporting my 07 WR450. Anyone suggestions on good tires? Mostly offroad use, occasional trips to the c-store to show it off, or maybe even take it to a local road house's bike night, ha! I did a search and there is not much info. Could you please opine?

even though you have the other threads now, I have a Perelli Scorpion front and a Michelin AC-10 rear and have been pretty happy. Thats compared to stock though.

I have this same combo and I think the front is the best tire I have ever had, period (and it's dot) The rear has been pretty good, but I may try the Kenda TM next.

...occasional trips to the c-store to show it off, or maybe even take it to a local road house's bike night, ha! ...

So do you park right in front of the "Harley's Only" sign? :thumbsup:

Pretty much all Pirelli front tires are DOT legal.

I've used the MT83 Scorpion Pro and was pretty happy with it for racing, but it did get beaten in the rocks. The MT16 wasn't as good when it got loose or sloppy, but it held up great in harder terrain and on the road. The MT16 front is my dual sport tire of choice.

Haven't tried any DOT rear tires, so I can't recommend any.

In my experience, what worked good on the road and lasted, sucked on the trail. The real answer is two sets of wheels or a scooter:excuseme:

I have worn out my first set of kenda's and it never wore as long as i was hoping for, but they are cheap and it hooks up ok.