Clarke Tank Q's

Just spent hours reading threads on Clarke and IMS tanks for my 07 WR450. I see that the Ims is the most popular for the WR's. Does the Clarke tank fit the WR? On there web site it says only fits YZ's?

Just spent hours reading threads on Clarke and IMS tanks for my 07 WR450. I see that the Ims is the most popular for the WR's. Does the Clarke tank fit the WR? On there web site it says only fits YZ's?

I have an '06 which I fitted a Clarke YZ tank to. Clarke said I needed to change to YZ radiator shrouds & the YZ seat to fit it so bought a SDG seat from them & shrouds locally. Bottom line was my standard WR seat fitted & YZ wouldn't as the YZ doesn't have the battery. WR standard shrouds fitted also. May not be much help for the '07 but the lesson I learn't is ask others first don't rely on Clarke. I paid for a seat I didn't need. :thumbsup:

I got the IMS tank because it fits with the Scotts Damper. At the time I was reading that the Clark did not fit with the Scotts.

Not sure about the Acerbis 3.3 and I am not a fan of the shrouds integrated with the tank as I don't like the way it looks. YMMV...

So no one has run a clarke tank on an 07 Wr450?

The whole ballards team does.

The whole ballards team does.

But if you check Clark tanks on websites it says "YZ-F 250/450* (2006-08) - Clarke 3.2 gallon tank Includes a new plastic cap, uses stock seat, shrouds and petcock. * will not fit 2007-08 WR 250/450 models" !!!

This is why I am confused I want to run the Clarke tank but can anyone confirm they fit??!!!

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/gas_tanks/yamaha_4stroke.htm#1469