HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C-P

'98 400 to an '07 450

1 post in this topic

FINALLY rode the '07 the I've owned for 4 months for the first time today.

Did all the uncorking/jetting and whatnot in the winter. Fired right up and ran great, no bog, plenty of snap.

My first impression? Not dramatically faster than my '98 (some of the comments here had me thinking I'd flip it over first time I hit the gas), but there's definitely some more torque to work with. Even a little softer on the bottom end. Rode about 35 miles of mostly sand and it was much easier to keep the front up in the whoopy stuff. The lower CG keeps the bike from wanting to gyro as much. She's slightly easier to tug around than the '98 tank, but it's still a heavy bike at the end of the day. I think the bike is sneaky fast...I'll have to see when I'm riding with someone besides my 11 year old on an XR80!

I'm still fan! :thumbsup: