426 problem???

I just bought an 01 426. I changed the oil twice now and both times I seen metal shavings in the oil. I have total 5 hour on the bike since I bought it and every time I changed the oil it looks like I put raditor sealant in it. Is this normal ( I never owned a 4 stroke before ) or should I get rid of it before it dies on me.

A little is normal, a lot is not. Mine always has a little in it. There was more during break in, but there is always some. I think most of it comes from the clutch plates. Big chunks would be a problem but small tiny flakes is normal from what I always hear.

I have total 5 hour on the bike since I bought it and every time I changed the oil it looks like I put raditor sealant in it

What do you mean it looks like you put radiator sealant in it?

My '01 426 oil filter was clean and metal-free when I first bought it (used in December 2007). I installed a new clutch a few weeks ago, and since then there are metal shavings trapped in filter, but with each oil change there are less and less. I was asking the same thing after I bought my bike, thinking that all this metal has to be coming from somewhere, but rest assured a little bit is normal and won't hurt anything - that's why we change our oil and clean/replace our filters.

My old oil is much dirtier than new oil - it's a grayish slop that sparkles in the sunlight.

when I say raditor sealant Have you ever had a car that is leaking antifreeze and you pour a tube of sealent in the raditor as a last ditch efferot to seal the leak. This is what I sean both times. I will take a picture of it after my supermoto race this weekend and see what people think. If it is normal fine but I'm nervous. The oil does have a metalic shine to it. I put amosil extreme 20w50 in it (it's red) a i'll see.