Help me decide which clutch to choose...

OK, I need to replace the bucket/springs/plates on my 07 YZ450F...

Am interested in the Rekluse but never rode a bike with it...Not sure if I'd like it or not...

I'm thinking more along the lines of Hinson or GYTR...

Let the debates begin...And I most likely take the advice from here, so please be specific in WHY you'd choose one over the other...

Thanks so much!

If you are needing to replace everything in the clutch on an 07, it sounds like you are pretty hard on the clutch. I would go with a Hinson for the basket. For plates, Hinson and GYT-R are really good, but I have had the best luck with DP clutch plates. They are more expensive, but they have worked great for me.

You can return a Rekluse within 30 days of purchase if you don't like it. I don't know anyone that has returned one. ?

Good news, didn't know that...

I think I'm going to put in some overtime hours and go that route...

I've stalled out a couple times turning at the very peak of a few steep sand dunes (just not shifting down in time)...And man, that can be a bitch for a guy with reconstructive spine surgery to get back up and running while on the side of a steep sandy slope...

So if it can keep that from ever happening again, it'll be money well spent!

I just yanked my Rekluse after two years. I loved it for everything but climbing. It sapped way too much power and the manual override (older version) wasn't fast enough to keep revs up nor accurate enough to feather the front wheel down.

I went with the Hinson basket, GYTR plates and Pro-Circuit springs. Even picked up an ASV pro-perch on ebay. Beat on it for all weekend and works great. Only thing I'd change is I wouldn't re-buy the springs, too pricey for what they are.

OK...I'm convinced that the Rekluse is not for me as most of my riding is desert/sand/track...never any real technical stuff, or woods riding...My use for it would be to compensate for lack of skill, something I don't want to do...I've decided that if you don't need handguards, you don't need an auto clutch, lol...

So I'm taking Ga426 and Gray's advice (hinson or gytr) and going with the complete Hinson kit (although it's going to take a few weeks of massive overtime to afford)...I'm also going to switch it over to the 06 setup (with one more fibre and plate)...I just got off the phone with Hinson, and the guy I talked to does recommend doing this to "improve the feel of the clutch as it has more surface area" (quoted)...He also said he hasn't noticed any difference in wear between the thinner 07 plates and the thicker 07 ones...

Then I just need to remember one of Ga's mottos while I'm riding to avoid going through this expensive clutch:

"Clutch Use Is Clutch Abuse"

Goose my 03 has a full hinson set up(pp, inner hub, Basket) - sans the GYTR plates & OEM springs

This clutch will last longer than the rest of my bike and the clutch pull/feel is reduced and the clutch engagement point -(when you let out the lever) is just amazing. It feels really different...very very trick..and not cheap ?

I've run both Hinson and GYTR clutches and now run the GYTR's exclusively due to the cost differential between the two. As stated above, Hinson manufactures the GYTR components but the GYTR's are significantly less expensive for, in my opinion, the same product. Plus, you can pick up a cool GYTR clutch cover for about half the cost of the Hinson cover to replace the scratched up stock one.

I am currently running a Hinson basket with GYTR hub, pressure plate and fibers(for an 06) in an 02 426. The absolute best thing I have done to improve my clutch. Clutch was cut in half. I wasn't sure if it was even going to work, but it does. I even run the 444 big bore kit with 13.5 to 1 compression with no slipping. I have only had the big bore for a month or so now but the clutch has been in for about 6 months with no ill effects.