Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redrider37j

08 YZ450F Short Exhaust?

9 posts in this topic

Hey. So this winter was pretty exciting, I finally went out and bought a brand new bike. I bought the 2008 Yz450F and I have already started buying parts for it. So far I have bought One Industries Factory White kit and new chain and sprocket. My question is, has anyone else with this bike upgraded to a White Brothers or Pro Circuit Ti-4 exhaust? I have seen some posts on here about it and some people suggest cutting one of the cones out of the stock exhaust. I think it looks really cool on there but If anyone has upgraded theirs, What kind of power increases have you noticed?

Hey. So this winter was pretty exciting, I finally went out and bought a brand new bike. I bought the 2008 Yz450F and I have already started buying parts for it. So far I have bought One Industries Factory White kit and new chain and sprocket. My question is, has anyone else with this bike upgraded to a White Brothers or Pro Circuit Ti-4 exhaust? I have seen some posts on here about it and some people suggest cutting one of the cones out of the stock exhaust. I think it looks really cool on there but If anyone has upgraded theirs, What kind of power increases have you noticed?

get the Two Bros... it kicks! 7.1 hp gain. Very sweet pipe!

It's important to note that:

> The reported power gain is at 5000 rpm; no power was gained at peak rpm of 8500

> The figures are from Two Brothers themselves

Even so, the increase in mid range (around 5000) is what the '08 needs, but virtually anything you put on the bike will give you from 3-6 more in that range.

While the 2 Bros. pipe reallllly woke up my 08, it also broke on the very first ride. The dealer sent it back 2 day air two weeks ago, and I still havent' gotten a repaired or replacement pipe. Now I'm getting annoyed. Anyone have any experience with this company and their customer service?

I just put the 07 stock pipe with the 08 stocker. The pipe works great, no noticeable power loss or gain.. seems to run real good with the pipe. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the 08 stocker as is.

Thanks for all the advice. 7 extra horsepower sounds pretty good to me. I think ill get the white brothers.

7hp sounds a little high to me......and he mentioned Two Bros, not to be confused with White Bros who is now Vance & Hines. I like my White Bros (Alum Pro2)pipe but would also consider the DRD pipe

I really like my WB AlumProII...Definite bottom end increase, and I've heard many times, "Damn, your bike sounds killer!"