LineX on side cases?

lineX as in bedliner material.......hmm this is a new one to me. I am not sure why someone would do the cases, but I am not a fan of the polished or the "Bedliner" look for these parts on a MX bike, I prefer the used look......I can see maybe the Alum Frame where your legs grip....for more grip but then there is Griptape for this at less weight.

yes the bedliner material and i mean on the clutch cover and ignition cover where your boots rub all the coating off and it looks like crap i saw it on a few bikes in the other forum room and it looked really nice alot like the boysen covers, one of the guys i pm'd said hes had it done for a year now and it still looks new, i think im going to try it and see, the reason i was asking here was to se if anyone thought it wouldnt disapate(sp) heat and possibly cause clutch heat probs.

I saw it in another thread on this forum about cheap bling in the picture/video section and i thought it looked sweet.

IMG_2126.jpg

Thats on a kawasaki 450 and the guy said it had already been there for a year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I have also called a Line-x place about pricing and they said i could do the clutch cover, ignition cover, and oil filter cover for 25 bucks. He also said that they can do it as thin as a quarter and it is still pretty tough, but he recomends going a little thicker to make sure it doesnt chip and peel off. I was going to do it once i get out of school and have access to my bike a little more often.

I'm glad you brought this up though because I was a little worried about it insulating heat in and effecting the motor. Gray, do you think it will it be safe on all 3 of those covers?

Thanks,

Rob

Micah rhino liner is a way diff. compound, that stuff shows everything, if your linex looks beatup take it back to a linex dealer because its deffective I and alot of my buddys use linex in our trucks and it still looks like the day it was done after you clean it off(had mine in there for two years now)

I had the carbon fiber frame guards coated...The Line-x guy rides, so he knew there'd be a lot of boot wear right there and added a couple extra coats of UV clear coats...After about 15 hrs riding there are only very minor blemishes, they still look (almost) brand new...Hasn't left any marks on the boots, and I do purposely grip there...

Don't know if I'd want to insulate the covers though...We do everything possible to keep these bike as cool as possible...Why take the risk of adding heat just for looks?

Micah rhino liner is a way diff. compound, that stuff shows everything, if your linex looks beatup take it back to a linex dealer because its deffective I and alot of my buddys use linex in our trucks and it still looks like the day it was done after you clean it off(had mine in there for two years now)

+1:thumbsup:

I saw it in another thread on this forum about cheap bling in the picture/video section and i thought it looked sweet.

IMG_2126.jpg

Thats on a kawasaki 450 and the guy said it had already been there for a year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I have also called a Line-x place about pricing and they said i could do the clutch cover, ignition cover, and oil filter cover for 25 bucks. He also said that they can do it as thin as a quarter and it is still pretty tough, but he recomends going a little thicker to make sure it doesnt chip and peel off. I was going to do it once i get out of school and have access to my bike a little more often.

I'm glad you brought this up though because I was a little worried about it insulating heat in and effecting the motor. Gray, do you think it will it be safe on all 3 of those covers?

Thanks,

Rob

Thats witdogg's bike. Hes got some time on it now. I saw it in person on saturday and the line-x still looks good. Apparently there have been no ill effects. I'd have no probs doing it to my bike.

I bet a whole frame would look sweet like that. but i prefer black frames over silver ones. i wonder how rims would look lol. since so many people like black rims but HATE how fast they look like crap.

Keep in mind, this stuff is thick, textured, heavy, and is like rubber insulation...Definitely wouldn't want it all over my bike...I'd laugh at a guy who'd actually do his frame or rims with it...That'd be pretty boneheaded (and ugly) IMO...

And yes x2468, I know you were just kidding about the rims...At least I hope so...

On the other hand, I have seen an enclosed toy hauler painted completely with the stuff (inside and out!)...Plus they have different colors, so it even had a black/grey/brown/tan color scheme to it, and looked killer (was even pretty glossy)...That guys trailer is never going to show a scratch!

I agree heat will not dissapate as fast with a layer of this stuff on

Sounds like some of you are just Blingers anyway....go ahead and spray your entire bike....heck nothing will ever get any wear on it......and it will weigh enough for a great boat anchor.....?