plastic front sprocket cover

Is it possible to remove the front plastic bit of the case saver but leave the actual case saver bit on, I'm guessing you just use shorter bolts so it holds the case saver tight against case ?, Im trying to source some shorter ones with a socket head as the original philips screw type head on mine have rounded (previous owner must of had issues with things being tight). If not ive got some DRC replacements with socket heads but they are same length as originals so I will still have to run the plastic cover. Just wondering if any of you fellas have done this ?

Yes it is. Thats what most people do. They usually give the metal case saver a run under a wire wheel to give it a nice shine. As for switching out the bolts, good idea going with the socket head. A lot more reliable and take longer to round off

So they just put shorter bolts in then dude ? to hold it in place, as I'm guessing it would rattle about with the original bolts in there as there too long, its kinda hard to describe, not been able to work on my bike for a few weeks now due to some pretty bad injuries !

IMHO, the aluminum will not protect your case in a catastrophic failure. I run TM Design for case saver. Well worth the $.

So they just put shorter bolts in then dude ? to hold it in place, as I'm guessing it would rattle about with the original bolts in there as there too long, its kinda hard to describe, not been able to work on my bike for a few weeks now due to some pretty bad injuries !

Yes you can run it like that, just use shorter bolts

Yes you can run it like that, just use shorter bolts

:thumbsup: thanks mate