HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boulderite

2001 wr426f Steering Stabilizer ??

6 posts in this topic

Help a wr newbie out .I am in need of information and pictures of wr's with

steering stabilizers. Any recommendations? Any info would be greatful.

Thanks

How does that GPS setup work for you? Does the mount hold it securely enough for off road? High speed woops?

How does that GPS setup work for you? Does the mount hold it securely enough for off road? High speed woops?

The mount only has a small tab at the top which I don't trust so I added a couple of velcro strips. I'm not what you'd call a high speed rider :thumbsup: but it had stayed put even through a couple of unexpected get-offs.

I have the BRP Sub Mount with Scotts stabilizer on my 02' WR426 and I love it. All the parts are top notch and the guys over at BRP were really good to work with. While I was shopping for the stabilizer I knew that I wanted it mounted under the bars but I was concerned about having the bars up too high. After a lengthy conversation with BRP, we determined that after the rise for the stabilizer was factored in, the ProTaper Carmichael bend would end up slightly higher than my stock tripple clamp with Renthal bars. It was the perfect combo for me (I'm about 5'9")

Although It was a little pricey I would still do it again. I would recommend that you look closely at the set ups that other riders are posting and see what you like best. There is no right or wrong answer, it is personal preferance and what fits in your budget. Good luck.:thumbsup:

WR426.jpg

WR426001.jpg

WR426002.jpg

WR426003-1.jpg