i hope someone here can help me.

I did the 3 main upgrades, air box mod, exhause restrictor and the throttle

stop.

the bike ran wicked. i have not done any jetting. i am not sure but the bike

seems to run perfect tons and tons of power everywhere. and the pipe did

not have any hint of red.

but the instructions supplied siad to remove the anti tamper plug for the

mixture screw. i thought i identified the plug (there was no picture in the

instructions). drilled a small hole, put in a screw and out it came easy as pie.

but there is nothing behind it... but a hole. i thought oh no. but it does not

have any suction on throttle or idle ? can anyone identfly what i have done?

here is a picture

thanks ?

Warts

P1010291.jpg

That looks like the old Hot start location to me. I believe that the black cap you see at the top is the hot start plunger and cable, on the older carbs the hot start mounted on th side and looked just like the choke only the knob was red. You need to come up with a way to plug that hole without plugging the passages. Maybe a small disc and some JB Weld or RTV? I would probably use RTV so that it could be reworked easily if needed. The mixture screw plug is located on the bottom of the carb bowl. I am sure someone here has posted a picture before, but you can also locate it by removing the bowl and looking for the screw on the carb. Then compare the location to the bowl and it will become fairly obvious. The hole is going to be approximately 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch in diameter. Hope this helps.

Josh

This is the plug over the mixtute screw.

Mixturescrew.jpg

The plug you removed was not supposd to be removed and must be replaced. I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to buy it from the dealer, so you'll have to seal the hole with something else. Hopefully you didn't damage anything inside when you drilled and it's a simple matter of sealing it up again.

Factoryplug.jpg

like the other guys said, you drilled the cap that covered the old hot start location. the first picture that frostbite posted shows the cap you need to remove in order to adjust the fuel screw. just so you don't get confused (i know a lack of instructions can leave you a little lost), it's on the BOTTOM of the carb, on the float bowl. i removed my carb when i jetted it (to get to the needle), and just used a screw driver to tap it out (piece of cake). if you just want to get to the fuel screw and aren't going to change the needle, then try to loosen and rotate the carb so you can remove the float bowl (bottom most portion of the carb). that will let you punch out the little block-off disc, change your fuel screw, and if you want, put a different pilot or main jet in.

good luck

thanks, oh well, whatca going to do... at least it wasn't a major bobo....

? gotta learn the hard way some times.

No worries Wartsnuff, if we didn't $crew up once in a while and ask for advice, this would be a much quieter site. We're here to help.

all fixed

there was just the small hole where i drilled through the plug.

i sealed it up, and reinstalled the plug.

i will get the bowl of the carb off saturday and get the mixture plug out.

now i have the famous off idle bog... so i will have to do a little reading on that.