Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottyJFZ1

Clavicle Incision Scar..pics

16 posts in this topic

Ok for those that are curious and concerned about their looks...here are some pictures of my scar from surgery on 2/18/08...

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Front the front ....notice i am symetrical....without the scar you would not be able to tell I had a plate

IMG_1071-1.jpg

Thta looks about like mine Scott. The funny thing is that the cut was straight before setting the bone. By imagining a straight line, you can see how far your shoulder was pushed in when the bone broke.

In my case, it is almost 2 inches. I imagine that even if the bone healed w/o surgery, I would have had a significant loss of strength in that arm. I'll take the scar anyday for peace of mind, full function and strength of my arm.

I'll try to take a few pics of mine and post them.

Perhaps I should post my vasectomy scar?

:thumbsup::ride:

that's healing up nicely scotty. Mine (less than 3 weeks old) is considerably uglier still, but the swelling has pretty much gone down so my girlfriend isn't afraid to look at me with my shirt off anymore.

Perhaps I should post my vasectomy scar?

Oh GOD!!! Please don't. If I absolutely had to look I'd rather see a stool sample.

Why are guys talking about their scars? Most of us have dozens of scars. I got a big one down the middle of my belly, and now I can't wear a two piece bathing suit! Com'on girls, we are motorcycle racers not hairdressers!

:thumbsup::ride:

that's healing up nicely scotty. Mine (less than 3 weeks old) is considerably uglier still, but the swelling has pretty much gone down so my girlfriend isn't afraid to look at me with my shirt off anymore.

I guess you will just have to get a bigger bag one that covers your shoulders and your face in order to further ease her discomfort.:rant::lol::mad::o

Why are guys talking about their scars? Most of us have dozens of scars. I got a big one down the middle of my belly, and now I can't wear a two piece bathing suit! Com'on girls, we are motorcycle racers not hairdressers!

Good question.....This thread has now had 170 views....so if I was a moderator then maybe I could delete it before it goes in the wrong direction direction...I know what your gonna say...TOO LATE!! :rant::thumbsup::ride:

I just got my first surgical scar from riding. I should have got pix before they took the staples out. I'll get pix and post on 4-22. Maybe I'm too slow. At least at my age now I have an excuse to be slow.

do you guys paint your finger nails. chick did scars

Here we go....starting to go where its not supposed to go....:thumbsup:

I hope not one has taken too much offense because of this post. Since I am the moderator and the prinicpal offender, I don't think it it needs to be deleted.

Here my latest, want a YKK zipper pull tatooed at the end.myzipper-1.jpg

Pretty sure Dr. Mark would have done your clavicle from the front.:thumbsup: