149 posts in this topic

Anyone know what axle blocks are compatible from year to year?

I have a 2002 YZ426 and I believe the axle blocks differ from the 2000-2001 YZ426 due to the updated swingarm. Anyone know if my 2002 takes the same axle blocks as 2003+ 450s?

I have a 2002 YZ426 and I believe the axle blocks differ from the 2000-2001 YZ426 due to the updated swingarm. Anyone know if my 2002 takes the same axle blocks as 2003+ 450s?

I checked the parts fiche and the 2002 YZ426 has the same axle block part numbers as the 2003 & 2004 YZ450F / YZ250 2 Stroke.   2005+ Look to have changed, but I believe they are still the same size - Probably a minor change to the axle block that required the new part number.

I have been looking for an extra set of wheels for my 2013 WR450F.  The bike is plated and has DOT tires on it almost always.  The tires I am running are not ideal for some of the riding I have been doing.  I wanted to have the extra set of wheels with pure knobbies and sproket more suited for off road and just swap around.  I found a set of wheels for a 2010-13 YZ250F ... will these wheels work for me?

Thanks,

Don

Front yes, rear no.

Thanks grayracer, contacted the seller and he won't split the set so I'll keep looking!

The rear wheel would in fact fit the bike, but it's a 19" rim, which might be just fine in and of itself, but the rim is also a narrower width than should be used with 100-120 width tires.  (1.85" vs. 2.15").

The front would also not run your speedo.

The rear wheel would in fact fit the bike, but it's a 19" rim, which might be just fine in and of itself, but the rim is also a narrower width than should be used with 100-120 width tires.  (1.85" vs. 2.15").

The front would also not run your speedo.

grayracer -

According to his ad the wheels are 18/21?  Here is a copy of his ad posted:

"Complete set of DNA wheels that will fit '10-13 Yamaha YZ250F. May fit other years if you change the spacers.

Good bearings, seals, like new OEM front rotor, ok rear rotor. Sprocket with 2 rides on it and pretty decent tires still. IRC M5b on rear and Dunlop MX32 on front.

18 in rear

21 in front"

I could live without the speedo because I had to add a trail tech to get plated (non re-setable odometer).  I figured I could add a spacer if needed on front?

DNA hubs will be more widely adaptable because they're set up to accept alternate spacer kits so as to cross fit to more bikes.  They would likely work.

Awesome info, I think I have my answer, but just a bit of clarification.  I have a 2008 wr450f that I am converting to SM.  I purchased a used set of excel hoops laced to stock hubs, from a yz450f.  the person I bought them from had got them used, so he does not know the specific year the hubs came off of, but he had them mounted on a 2008 yz450f without problems using stock spacers, etc.  what, if anything will I need to mount them to the wr?  I believe rear will mount up fine, but a little unsure on the front?  can I just use my stock spacers, and unhook the speedo cable?  plan on running trail tech anyways, so not an issue, or do I need to get yz spacers, bearing seals, etc?  thanks for the help, looking to order parts asap if needed, as wheels should be here in a couple of days.  thanks in advance

The rear will fit, but you will need to remove the speedo drive from the axle and use the short right side spacer/seal collar from a YZ to fit the front.

Will wheels from a 2000 426 fit on my 98 yz400f? I read the post about what fits what but was a little confused.

CHAIN PULLER BLOCKS   FITS 02-04 YZ250 YZ125 YZ250F WR250F, 02 WR426F YZ426F, 03-04 YZ450F WR450F - 5NY-25388-00-00 5NY-25389-00-00

1999 YZ400F-

FRONT AXLE- FITS 99-04 YZ125 YZ250, 98-00 YZ400F WR400F, 00-02 YZ426F, 01-04 YZ250F WR250F, 03-04 YZ450F WR450F – 5BE-25181-00-00

FRONT HUB- 140 R-Y - AXLE OD 20MM - BRG TO BRG 68MM - ROTOR OD 245MM ID 118MM - ROTOR BOLT CIRCLE 6 ON 134MM - FITS 96-00 YZ125 YZ250, 98-99 YZ400F, 00-01 YZ426F - 4SS-25111-00-00

REAR AXLE- 22MM FITS 99-04 YZ125 YZ250, 01-04 YZ250F WR250F, 99 YZ400F, 00-02 YZ426F, 03-04 YZ450F WR450F, 99-00 WR400F, 01-02 WR426F - 5ET-25381-00-00

REAR HUB- 5ET00 - 22MM AXLE OD - BRG TO BRG 120MM - ROTOR OD 245MM, 6X BC DIA 133MM - FITS 99-13 YZ125 YZ250, 99 YZ400, 00-02 YZ426F, 01-08 YZ250F WR250F 03-08 YZ450F, 99-00 WR400F, 01-02 WR426F, 03-08 WR450F – 5ET-25311-00-00

What rear hub will fit a 2014 yz450f ? Will the previous models? Will a 2010 yz250f rear hub fit ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jeff aka Bolt
      TUSK IMPACT Wheel Set -$509   ONLY $499 for the first five (5) wheel sets SOLD !
      CONTACT US after you buy to verify your bike and color choice.

OPTIONAL ADD ON Kit - ONLY $169
      Stainless Rotors, Rotor Bolts, Steel or Aluminum Rear Sprocket, Sprocket Bolts, Rims Locks and Rim Strips. Everything you need for a complete wheel swap.

===========================

HONDA - YAMAHA - SUZUKI - KAWASAKI - KTM - HUSQVARNA
      These have been getting consistently better reviews than any of the other import wheels. 
      Spokes don't keep stretching... rims don't pancake... and hubs and bearings don't disintegrate 
      like the other budget wheel sets out there. The damn spokes are the size of your wife's ankles. LOLOLOL

We have put these on several bikes of AMA D37 Desert Racers and hardcore trail riders.

There is NO BETTER Budget Wheel Set on the market.  These wheels just HOLD UP.

We have them for most bikes so just ask.

===========================
      Or let us build you a set to your specs and budget !
      EXCEL TAKASAGO or A60 - DID Dirt Star or STX - DUBYA - TALON - KITE - BULLDOG - FasterUSA 

Been on ThumperTalk for more than a decade... I am safe to deal with... ain't no scammer. LOL

Thanks for looking... Jeff

• By michaelchristie207
      Hey I'm 14 and am looking to buy a new quad/bike. I am selling my yz85 currently I'll tell you what bikes I have owned/ rode crf50-xr80-yz144-yz85 
      kfx50-yamaha blaster-raptor80
      and I've riden Polaris 500's and they seem pretty sweet . The riding near my house is, a bog , single track, power lines, mud and sand. I feel like a atv would be better for mud and the rooty trails but I love the 75+ mph speed from bike and being able to jump/throw them around. 

Some bikes/ quad I've been looking at, keep in mind I have about 1500-2000
      crf250x all brand 250f's raptor 700 400ex 300ex another blaster? Please help me with suggestions. I'm 120 and 5'5 and I feel comfortable on a 250f I've riden a few. Thanks 
    • By scr200
      For sale is my 2007 YZ250F. This bike is very well setup for trails or harescrambles. I am not the original owner, but have service records. This bike has been well maintained and runs great. Starts first or second kick. Engine and transmission rebuilt about 10hrs ago and I just did a valve clearance check and shim. There are over $3000 worth of parts on this bike. I also have a couple boxes of OEM and aftermarket spares that I will sell for extra. Only issues are a leaky left fork seal (I have the OEM fork seal replacement kit and will include with purchase) and the radiators are slightly twisted, but 100% functional. I have two brand new replacement radiators with a radiator guard /brace that I can throw in if sold at asking price. I am asking $3200 OBO. Please contact me via email in Craigslist ad or PM me here. Located in Fishersville, VA.
      https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/6138892312.html

Engine: (rebuild @ 39.5hrs)
      -HotCam Stage 2 cams
      -Hot Rods crank (factory stroke)
      -New seals
      -Polished & deburred gears
      -Cylinder works top-end @ 13.5:1 compression ratio
      -Cylinder head ported and polished
      -New OEM valves and springs

Bike:
      -GPR V4 Pro Kit stabilizer and top Triple Clamp 
      -Rekluse Core 3.0 clutch
      -Excel rims front and rear w/ 18" rear rim
      -Dr.D full SS exhaust and silencer
      -Dual Sport Armory suspension rebuilt Spring 2016 and setup for 205lb rider w/ gear
      -GYTR skid plate
      -ASV un-breakable levers
      -CV4 radiator hoses
      -Tusk oversized radiators
      -IMS oversized gas tank
      -Hammerhead +10 shift lever
      -Hammerhead billet brake lever
      -Ride Engineering axle blocks
      -Tusk magnetic oil drain plug
      -Works Connection brake reservoir cover
      -TM DesignWorks chain guide and roller
      -Race Tech shock spring 
      -Acerbis front rotor guard
      -Rear rotor guard
      -Pro Taper handelbars
      -Cyra Pro Bend hand guards
      -G2 Ergonomics threaded bar insert
      -Motion Pro throttle and clutch cables
      -JD Jet Kit
      -Dr.D Wet Sump kit
      -Unknown brand taller seat
      -More on the bike that I've forgotten to mention

Full disclosure, here is a thread about some issues I had with the bike, but have fixed. The bike is running great now due to the help on this forum: 

• By Bryan Bosch
      Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Rider Tops Podium in Belo Horizonte

May 21, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – With the four-day event cut short after day two due to environmental concerns beyond the event organisers’ control, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has been declared the winner of the 2017 edition of Minas Riders having ended day two as the overall leader.

Jarvis entered the second edition of the Brazilian race determined to start things off with a victory. Ending a rain-soaked prologue as runner-up, he then went on the attack when the race entered the mountains for the first off-road day.
      Pushing hard throughout the five-hour plus opening day of hard enduro racing, the Husqvarna rider claimed a three-minute margin of victory to establish an early lead. Maintaining his position at the head of the field with second on day one, Jarvis was holding a two-minute buffer over his nearest rival Cody Webb as the race entered its second half.

But with days three and four cancelled, Jarvis unexpectedly found himself as the early winner of the 2017 edition of the Brazilian Hard Enduro Rally.
      With victory in Brazil, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider now looks to add one more victory to his 2017 campaign at Austria’s ErzbergRodeo in June.

Final Classification — Red Bull Minas Riders 2017
      1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 5:46:47 
      2. Cody Webb (KTM) 5:49:29
      3. Alfredo Gomez (KTM) 6:03:51
      4. Philipp Scholz (KTM) 6:15:01
      5. Paul Bolton (KTM) 6:37:28
      6. Pol Tarres (Beta) 6:52:57
      Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
      Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH