149 posts in this topic

I read this right, my 06 YZ 125 rear hub will not work on my 2010 YZF 250 right?

Does anyone have seal sizes for the front and rear? I see the bearing sizes but need seal size.

WR450 2008 (5ET Rear hub & Front Hub with no ribs)

front wheel seal 26 * 38 * 7

Seal in speedo 47 * 58 * 7 (on a YZ this will be different as the the seal will sit in front of the bearing and is prob same as the one above but I'm not 100%)

Rear wheel seals 30 * 50 * 6 & 30 * 44 *5

Edited by GuyGraham

97 - 01 WR fronts (with the 4 cast ribs) don't fit the the 2002 & up WR's because the seal in the speedo drive of the 2002 & up is much bigger (47mm) and doesn't make contact with the hub which 42mm dia.

I don't think the drive tangs will marry up to the 2002 & later speedo drive either

Edited by GuyGraham

Grayracer, excellent info, thanks for sharing. Can this be placed in the stickies for future reference?

Grayracer, excellent info, thanks for sharing. Can this be placed in the stickies for future reference?

It already is: See the Common Threads Sticky

Antique info time:

PN 4EW-25311-00-00 is the current rear hub Yamaha calls for on the following bikes:

1990-98 YZ125 / YZ250

1991-97 WR250R

1992-93 WR500R

1998 YZ400F

1998 WR400

These are 20mm axle units. Based on that, and the note from here that the 98 hub has the same sprocket and rotor spacing as the 99-up rear wheels, it should just be a matter of custom spacers to fit the new wheels to the old bikes. Brakes could be the problem though, 91 to 97 EBC says YZ/WR used the MD6011D rotor in back. 98 to 01 call for the MD6135D, after that they switch to the MD6190 series.

The 6011 is a 220mm diameter unit (6 x 8.5 bolt holes on 133mm circumference, 115mm ID)

The 6135 is a 240mm diameter unit (6 x 6.5 bolt holes on 133mm circumference, 115mm ID)

The 6190 is a 245mm diameter unit (6 x 6.5 bolt holes on 133mm circumference, 115mm ID)

metalgear.com.au does show a bike with a 220mm rotor, with the right bolt spacing to fit the new hubs though... pn 20-159. I'll try to see what it fits as it + spacers would be just the trick to put modern rear wheels on old machines.

4GV-25111-00-00 is the current front hub Yamaha calls for on the following bikes:

1992-95 YZ125 / YZ250

1992-97 WR250R

These are 17mm front axle units.

4SS-25111-01-00 is the current front hub Yamaha calls for on the following bikes:

1996-01 YZ125 / YZ250

1998-99 YZ400F

2000-01 YZ426F

These are 20mm front axle units. So in theory, 96s will swap with 97s and up...? Bearings match.

Edited by Kurlon

Just pick up a four rib front wheel for my 05 yz450. so I understand right the 01 spacers a good bit longer right seems like alot of space between hub and forks

!

Will a 2002 YZ250 smoker rear wheel fit a 2006 WR450? I am reading between the lines and it looks like it will, but haven't seen a definite answer. The front won't have the speedo prongs but should it fit and just not run the speedo?

Edited by woods-rider

Will a 2002 YZ250 smoker rear wheel fit a 2006 WR450? I am reading between the lines and it looks like it will, but haven't seen a definite answer. The front won't have the speedo prongs but should it fit and just not run the speedo?

correct on both

So, will my wheels interchange between my 13 YZ450f and my 13 YZ250s, just have to exchange spacers? Did notice the rear hubs had different part #'s. Thanks!

Edited by 1stSSPZ

Can you change the bearing size from a 2012 yz450 to fit a 2001 yz250 axle? I already modified the spacers on the front wheel to make it work, 

If you mean the rear, no one I know of has found one yet that works. 

Yes i mean the rear,Thanks. I thought about machining the hub to make for the bearing fit to match my 22mm shaft.

Edited by velocity1