07 wr 450 shifter

Hey has anybody come across a aftermarket shifter? I bent and straightened mine but want new one anyway. The factory one is 60 dollars. No one seem to make one. A yz has a different part number so that won't work.

There should not be a problem finding one, I have not had to replace the one on my 07' yet but let me share my experience in changing the ones on my other WR's...

Don't get aluminum, atleast the MSR aluminum. One ride and it's done:prof::confused:? :ride:

I have had the best luck with steel replacements, either Moose or MSR:thumbsup:

I safety wire mine to the case. I have always worried that if I use a stronger shifter and I wreck then that energy that would have bent the stock shift lever will be transfered into the transmission. I worry that it might harm the stud that the shifter mounts to. Just my own worry. lol I safety wired both my brake lever and shift lever.

~Brian

Hammerhead in norcal has a large selection of shifters. I ordered 10 mm longer then stock shifter. Good for larger feet. There website is a little confusing but they have it for a WR. Will have mine in time for timber mt hare scramble.