Cooling fan

I was wondering if anyone has installed a cooling fan on there WR450. I do a lot of 1st gear crawling in very technical terrain, and can't seem to keep it cool in hot weather.

i was just thinking about this same thing the other day... it shouldn't be to hard to mount one up, maybe a couple fans computer fans or off a small quad.

I have read that some guys are going to a specialized coolant for the overheating issue as well as a different water pump that works better. Do a search on overheating or coolant.

I have an 06 450 and I had a problem with overheating in slow riding conditions. I switched to engine ice and installed 2 computer fans on the right radiator drawing air from front toward the engine. I wired directly to the battery and put in a switch and it works perfectly. Never boiled over since. And somehow no matter how wet it gets it still works. And if you have an old computer lying around it can be a free mod

You said you installed two computor fans on your radiator. How did you attach them to the rad?

I was wondering if anyone has installed a cooling fan on there WR450. I do a lot of 1st gear crawling in very technical terrain, and can't seem to keep it cool in hot weather.

have you tried Evans coolant and some 2two cool :thumbsup: Others have said if you run them it will never overheat.

what about running one off the new WR250 supermoto version, i read they have an electronic fan.

what about running one off the new WR250 supermoto version, i read they have an electronic fan.

That would be a great option.

Provided you don't get ripped a new one when paying for it...:thumbsup: