HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pukeballs

2009 yz has got a big muffler again

12 posts in this topic

The bike in question is a Japanese model, and no indication of what will actually be shipped here. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the negative feedback on the shorty has reached home, though.

So much for "slimmer, lighter, hydro-formed swing arm. . . "! Wasn't that all the rage for most of the Japanese bikes for so long?! I'm thinking they're trying to get the effect Reed was looking for when he welded a spar across the bottom of his swing arm.

The header pipe does have a bulge in it like the FMF power bomb 's do though. I wonder how much of an effect that will have on power/sound.

Probably none in the US market. They had that exhaust on Japanese and Euro/Aussie models since '06, but they've never sold it here.

i believe that the 2008 canadian model had the long exhaust. Just because it is on that bike doesnt mean it will be on the 09's

Nope, wrong. We/Canada get everything the US gets, just double the price..grrrrrrr.

If you go and read the article on the 2009 spy photos from Japan, the head of Yamaha told them to expect big changes in 2010, so it will be at least another year. As far as the long muffler goes, the factory bike of Akria Narita doesn't have nearly as long of a muffler, so I am sure that they are trying a few different things to see which on works best.

Just because it is on that bike doesnt mean it will be on the 09's

bingo!!