HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lean or rich?

9 posts in this topic

Rolling (not blipping) the throttle out of a corner and it stalls. Is it to rich or lean on the pilot?

At what point in the throttle does it stall?

Are you riding a gear high out of the corner?

At what point in the throttle does it stall?

Are you riding a gear high out of the corner?

It stalls randomley just off idle as I'm starting to get on the gas. The first time I figured I was getting on the gas to quick being my fault but after a few more times I realized that wasn't the case. It stalled once going into a corner just as I was letting off the throttle and starting to get on the brakes. If it was a 2strk I would just go leaner on the pilot/air screw but being these have accelerator pumps, leak jet etc.... I'm a little confused on where to start first. I do tend to ride my bike in the lower to mid part of the power if that is considered riding a gear high but am on it pretty hard out of corners and up hills.

+2 on the float level.

Pilot and fuewl screw is for idle only.

If the float level is right, you may want to try a different leak jet. While you have the bowl off, make note of the current one in there.

The pilot circuit runs everything at an idle, but also has a huge influence on whether the engine returns to idle properly from speed, and in how it transitions from idle to open throttle, when the main circuit starts working.

However, I don't yet think it's the culprit here.

The pilot circuit runs everything at an idle, but also has a huge influence on whether the engine returns to idle properly from speed, and in how it transitions from idle to open throttle, when the main circuit starts working.

However, I don't yet think it's the culprit here.

I will give it a look tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.

When was the last time you cleaned the carb? Did the bike run fine before and just recently start doing this?

I've had some similar symptoms a few times, and after pulling the float drain and finding a bunch of gunk I determined I need to pull the carb and clean it.

It stalls randomley just off idle as I'm starting to get on the gas. The first time I figured I was getting on the gas to quick being my fault but after a few more times I realized that wasn't the case. It stalled once going into a corner just as I was letting off the throttle and starting to get on the brakes. If it was a 2strk I would just go leaner on the pilot/air screw but being these have accelerator pumps, leak jet etc.... I'm a little confused on where to start first. I do tend to ride my bike in the lower to mid part of the power if that is considered riding a gear high but am on it pretty hard out of corners and up hills.

My 08 did the same thing. I installed a 50 leak jet and its good now.