Hmmmm!

I've been keeping a record on conditions when and how I foul a plug. Turns out I foul when two conditions come up. Cold = in the hi 40's and also when I'm running Twin air filter!... Anybody else notice this? Perhap's it's time for the blue wire mod..

SoCal

:) OK someone pass me the Spoon over there! (To stir with !)

SoCal...perhaps it's time to consider.......a small RE-Jet.....(Cue....Groans, wailing and gnashing of teeth! LOL)

I run from about -10 C (dont know in F) to aboutmid 80's-90's F (Dont know in C) without fouling or messing with my jetting at all, no blue wire mod, no worrying if I oil my filter a tad much, just get on and ride...

OK, just let me get my fire-proof suit on and...LET the flaming commence! :D

Not to worry Guy, no flames here. I am running a 00 YZF needle on 2nd setting with 45 pilot and 168mj.. pilot (stock) is too wee, resulting in lean condition. if anything I might have to go up on the mj to 170 as my top end is somewhat flat, but bike runs awesome. as I mentioned,the only time I have a problem is with the twin air and cold temp. Running stock filter in the same conditions has never given me a problem. I have the needle that Taffy,JD,Yamakazi sugested (EMN?) but it wacked out my jetting completely, and I did not feel at the time like starting over from scratch. Perhaps I will re-visit that project later.

SoCal

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

:) SoCal, not really wanting to start all this jetting nonsense again BUT, something for you to think about, if you foul a plug in the cold with your twin air in, essentially it is too rich..... so if you go up to a 170 to sort your top end it will be richer still...yes? so in theory you will foul sooner cos your richer.

IF you TRY a smaller MAJ ie a 170 like I'm running,instead of the stock 200, you will find that your top is vastly improved, you will still be on a 168 so your fouling shouldn't be any worse.

This is just my experience of these Da*n thigs but for the cost of a MAJ and the 10 mins or so fitting, it just could be worth a try :D

Originally posted by Guy:

:) SoCal,something for you to think about, if you foul a plug in the cold with your twin air in, essentially it is too rich.( I agree 100%) so if you go up to a 170 to sort your top end it will be richer still...yes? (again I agree 100%) so in theory you will foul sooner cos your richer. (yep! that is my dilema, again I agree 100%)

IF you TRY a smaller MAJ ie a 170 like I'm running,instead of the stock 200, you will find that your top is vastly improved, you will still be on a 168 so your fouling shouldn't be any worse. (Hmmm, I will give that a shot! Thanks Guy) :D

SoCal

:):D:D