Will a 2003 YZ450 Header fit a 1999 YZ400???

While riding today, I dropped my bike on a bunch of rocks and really messed up my Header pipe.

I searched and learned some ways to fix it but there are so many creases on I dont think it can be fixed. I found a good condition 2003 YZ450F header for $50

Does anybody here know if a 2003 YZ450F header will fit a 1999 YZ400F???

Thanks for your input!!!!!!

Patrick M.

While riding today, I dropped my bike on a bunch of rocks and really messed up my Header pipe.

I searched and learned some ways to fix it but there are so many creases on I dont think it can be fixed. I found a good condition 2003 YZ450F header for $50

Does anybody here know if a 2003 YZ450F header will fit a 1999 YZ400F???

Thanks for your input!!!!!!

Patrick M.

nope the diameter and angle is different. try Pacific Crest Pipe Repair - Your headpipe can be repaired....

I would look for an OEM '01-02 YZ426F header, bolts right on and clears the oil filter too.

Thanks DPW!!!!!!!!

Thats the info I wanted to know!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

Now I can work on finding a YZ426 Header Pipe!!!

Patrick M.

nope the diameter and angle is different. try Pacific Crest Pipe Repair - Your headpipe can be repaired....

...not true and true... i have a 450 header on my 426 and all it needed was a little heat and manipulation to fit.....the diameter was the same or dang close.

I used to to work in a wrecking yard back in the the day and we had these "Bibles" called Hollinders which listed what part off which model would fit another, I wonder if there is such a thing for bikes,with all the ..will this fit that questions on this site they would be very handy.:thumbsup:

I would love to have one of those books.....

Are the books like that (for cars) expensive????

Patrick M.