Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b--man426

Thanks for the New "Old" bike

12 posts in this topic

I would like to thank you all, I learned alot surfing here -- woodruff key, clutch problems, 5 vs. 4 speed, starting problems, clutch problems, differences with model years, mods, reliability, ect. I started looking with my new found knowledge and my small budget -- $1,700 ( kids college bills soon---grrr). I looked at alot of different years and bikes in different degrees of condition. I finally found the bike that was perfect for me. The bike is a very clean and completely stock 01 426, I think this bike will be a very reliable machine that will serve me well. I'm so looking forward to getting back in the saddle -- been along time since I had my old favorite Yami (WR500). I'm looking forward to the wrenching and getting to know the machine. Again I would like to thank you all for the help by posting and agreeing to dis-agree sometimes too - lol

Thanks, b--man426

100_0157-1.jpg

Congrats on the 426! Looks like it is in excellent conditon too. Man only $1700...that is what a new TTR-110 costs! Have fun on your new toy and keep putting money in that college fund too!

I started out with a new 'old' bike in October last year, a '98 YZ400f in fact.

I ride desert and have found this bike ideal for my purpose. Once I sorted the carburettor tuning it has been super reliable, starts easy, and great to ride.

I am sure you will find you have made a good choice. This forum is very useful, lots of good information and tips. If you scroll back into the earlier pages you will find a lot of posts on 426's. The advantage of the 'older' machine is that the problems have been identified and sorted so generally there is an answer to an issue posted somewhere in this forum.

was that bike hidden in a time capsule? It looks fresh as the day it came out of the dealership.

I have more scratches on my bike before I get home with the new bike

Good Luck

If you were one of the 2 people that liked a WR500, you are going to fall in love with this bike

Congradulations

Thanks guys

And yes I did enjoy that "ping" monster -- loved the hit after jetting it forever--hated that.

b--man

another pic of the 426

100_0155.jpg

I am sure you will find you have made a good choice. This forum is very useful, lots of good information and tips. If you scroll back into the earlier pages you will find a lot of posts on 426's. The advantage of the 'older' machine is that the problems have been identified and sorted so generally there is an answer to an issue posted somewhere in this forum.

I really like this advantage -- pretty much know what to expect and what to do with a little looking.

b--man426

The paint isnt even rubbed off the frame or engine covers. That's unbelieveable. Great looking bike, and congrats on the find!