HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BUDDO

Header Wrap

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone wraped their header, if so did it help or hurt? I know it works on cars to keep heat in the pipe which is good for getting gases out faster and keeping other parts cooler but would it make a difference on my bike. I have an 05 wr450 with most of the free mods and some jetting done to it

I have done this.

It is a total and complete waste of time.

Are you looking for more power, or are you just looking for something work on? If that's the case, you shouldn't have a Yamaha. They are as maintenance free as they come.

The used '06 WR450 I bought had heat wrap on it, but it wasn't for performance. He had to install it to keep it from heating the fuel in his desert tank. When I bought the bike it had the stock tank back on it and I removed the wrap first thing. Wow, what a mess it was and now the exhaust is UGLY!

I wouldn't do it unless you have to, it doesn't help the performance at all.

Chris....

I wrapped the header on my YZ400. I did this to stop burning my riding pants on the exhaust.

Works just fine for this purpose no side effects noticed - except I don't burn my pants now.

I did the same thing on a 98YZ400. No performance gain. Just stop burning my pant leg. Looks like crap but did the job. What a tank compared to the newer bikes