HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetskiier

Street Legal XRR in Ontario?

5 posts in this topic

Yes - there have been a lot of XRR plated - mine is - but the MTO shut the door on all off road conversions a few months ago - They are renewing existing plates, but there are no more conversions - period

Quebec banned conversions a couple of years ago including not renewing.

Various groups are lobbying to get the right back, but it seems there is little hope of it happening

So even if I buy new, there's no hope? I would like to get an XRR and turn it into a supermoto/off-road bike, I don't want to go with the L.

Thanks for the help

No hope for a new one or one not already plated - as I said they renewed mine so it seems we are grandfathered in - no idea what happens if you change ownership

for better answers, JOIN the ODSC - Ontario Dual Sport Club - great people and great rides throughout the riding season

lots and lots of info at www.odsc.on.ca

Thanks Metisse,

I am a member of the ODSC from a while ago, sort of forgot about it though.

I found a new 650R for sale and really had big plans for it, but I guess I'll have to look for something else.