HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SDRyder

XR600 Headlight help...burn out

3 posts in this topic

I just recently bought my first XR. It's an 1986 XR600R, got it for cheap, and it runs great. I noticed the headlight and rear light aren't working. I replaced both lights, started up the bike and woulden't you know it they were on and shining bright.

They worked for about 5 seconds then promptly burned out. Whats causing the headlight burn out? I replaced the lights again and the same thing happened. I'm wondering what might be causing this, and what to check for. The bike is all stock and I was using the 35w headlight bulb. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

your bike probally has a voltage regulator that is not working properly you might check out rickystator they have universal ac voltage regulators

I ordered a universal ac regulator from rickystator.com. It came in the mail the other day...replaced the old one which took about 15 minutes. Problem solved....all lights work now! Thanks for the help!