Grey wire mod - Is there a downside?

My mate and I both have WR450s and we did the mod and noticed the difference immediately but he's been asking

"Will it shorten my service intervals?" :thumbsup:

"Will it shorten my engine life?" :confused:

"Am I gonna have to rebuild it like a YZf because its firing like one now?":excuseme:

I don't know the answer, I didn't think so but ............Anyone? :thumbsup:

I've never seen or read any downsides but thats just my opinion. Just clean your airfilter meticulously and often as well as your oil.

The only down side I had with it was too much engine braking coming down hills with no throttle. I changed it back, it has more than enough power for me:ride:

the downside for me is the roost in my friends face from my bike. I guess Ill learn to deal with the problem as it doesnt effect me all that much

the downside for me is the roost in my friends face from my bike. I guess Ill learn to deal with the problem as it doesnt effect me all that much

It will effect you when one day he gets ahead of you.....

No one ever forgets a good roosting

From my limited understanding, the grey wire has to do with emissions and other requirements for the bike due to classification. I have not heard of any downsides in the way of maintence, service, engine life, etc.

It is going to have a negative impact on your marriage, because you are going to want to ride more.

It is going to have a negative impact on your marriage, because you are going to want to ride more.

Ah well I'll be able to ride as much as I want then.......every cloud has a silver lining ay:naughty:

The down side is you will need to replace the rear tire more often ..... but look at the bright side, your front tire will last twice as long.

The down side is you will need to replace the rear tire more often ..... but look at the bright side, your front tire will last twice as long.

Now thats the way too put it!!!.......yee hah:applause:

The grey wire also makes a change in Sound, this is the reason it's there so the wr's can meat sound emmisions by adjusting the timing, so it will affect power slightly as well....