HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProjectDIRT

opinions

8 posts in this topic

well went to 29palms this weekend and got out on friday to ride my buddys property. he has a trackand knows the area. so i could warm up to race the desert vipers best in the west. the only desert race i do all year usually. and i noticed the smell of oil burning. so checking my bike over. it was eating coolant aswell. so decided not to race and pack up early and drive home. i took the motor apart and the rings are junk and the piston has alot of build up on it and my head gasket was destroyed. so going to go with a new cp full race piston 13.75 to 1 and gonna adjust the valves. i can also do hot cams for really cheap. im wondering if i should change my gearing. its a 13/50 right now. anyone? the bike has a pro circuit ti header and a ti 4.1 and the ac pump mods and jetted and a kn filter and some other stuff i built at my shop. what should i do?

Good thing you did not race it.....

the piston you want will require race gas. If this is not a problem do it....

yea. i dont care about that. i get vp for really cheap. but should i got to a 14/50 or back to a 13/49 or 48 or keep it at 13/50? and should i do the cams? or will it make that much of a diff?

ok. i was just thinking with the added power and bottom end that i might want to change. i go to the track alot and when im at the desert i usually dont need to go faster the like 70 unless i let the old guys by on the 525s and stuff. where usually just looking for jumps.