HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RABBIDCOW55

Valve adjustment walk through??

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just wanna say that this site is loaded with priceless info. All of the posts I read on here help everybody out, and I think it's amazing the way you guys help us newbies out. That being said, I have to adjust my valves because they are making way too much noise for my liking. I thought I found a walk through a while back, but could not find it today to save my life. Does any body know where it is? I know I'm gonna have to get the Honda manual anyway, but I'm waiting for my tax return to cover that. Oh, my bike is a 2000 XR650 R. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!!

You might allready know this but incase you don't, put a 45 degree bend about 3/4 of an inch from the end of your feeler gauges. Makes it a lot easier to get them in those tight spots. Also, wrap a little electical tape on one of the gauges, makes it easier to distinguish between the 2 so you don't get them mixed up in the heat of the valve adjusting battle.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the information and tips. It looks like the weather should be nice on Saturday, so I'll get it done then. Thanks again!!

You might allready know this but incase you don't, put a 45 degree bend about 3/4 of an inch from the end of your feeler gauges. Makes it a lot easier to get them in those tight spots. Also, wrap a little electical tape on one of the gauges, makes it easier to distinguish between the 2 so you don't get them mixed up in the heat of the valve adjusting battle.

or just buy a set with the bends in them, i have both these with the 45* and straights also.

or just buy a set with the bends in them

OK - if you want to get technical...

Getting close to the big day buddy, you nervous? I am, keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey guys, Everything went well. It took me about 45 minutes from start to finish. Thanks for all of your help.