HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pappy141

1st ride 08 YZ-450F, Shifting Q

5 posts in this topic

I'm coming off of a 07 450 Honda and just rode my 08 Yamaha on a jump infested MX track last Sunday. I went to the Yamaha primarily because of the superior suspension and linear powerband. Compared to the red machine the Yamaha's shifting was kinda "notchy", I missed my share of shifts that's for sure. Does this get better as the bike's trans breaks in? Any suggestions to improve this other than break-in.

I'm coming off of a 07 450 Honda and just rode my 08 Yamaha on a jump infested MX track last Sunday. I went to the Yamaha primarily because of the superior suspension and linear powerband. Compared to the red machine the Yamaha's shifting was kinda "notchy", I missed my share of shifts that's for sure. Does this get better as the bike's trans breaks in? Any suggestions to improve this other than break-in.

My 08 was the same way when it was new. It has about 40 hours on it now and the shifting is very good.