Is There A Write-up On Oil Change 95 Xr600r

I Found A Write Up For An Oil Change On An Xr400r On 4strokes.com And Wondered How Much Different It Is For A 1995 Xr600r.i Don't Have A Manual So I Need To Know The 2 Spots To Drain The Oil And How Much It Takes To Fill Again.i Would Like To Do It On My Lunch Break So Any Info Would Be Great.

Its about the same as an XRL- two qts should get you on the stick.

There is the frame drain on the front downtube (a little bolt), and then there's a drain bolt down near where the shifter shaft goes into the engine.

Got mine inspected this morning.

Dave

Let Me Know When You Go Out And Ride.it Sucks Riding By Yourself.i Rode It After Lunch And I Did Not See Any Smoke So Maybe That Took Care Of It?

Maybe it was overfilled a little?

I think mine's a bit high- just changed the oil on saturday, started it tuesday to get it inspected and there was quite a bit of blue smoke.

Its hard for me to check the level because I can't find my factory dipstick.

Dave

I Found A Write Up For An Oil Change On An Xr400r On 4strokes.com And Wondered How Much Different It Is For A 1995 Xr600r.i Don't Have A Manual So I Need To Know The 2 Spots To Drain The Oil And How Much It Takes To Fill Again.i Would Like To Do It On My Lunch Break So Any Info Would Be Great.

The engine takes about 1.9 liters ( 2.0 U.S. qts.)at oil change. you can not fill the tank all at once because the volume is split between the tank and engine.

Change filter first and check O ring on cover.

Pour 1 qt. of oil in the tank and then install the dip stick.

Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes.

Stop the engine and add 1 more qt. of oil and then check your dip stick.you should be just under the top mark on the dipstick.

If you change the filter than you will use 2.1 qts.

If you do not change the filter you will use 6.2 oz. less !

If you can,use synthetic and not reg. oil. It will shift nicer and run cooler (not much cooler but a little)

10 - 40 In the winter

20 - 50 In the summer

Do not use the stainless reusable filters as they tend to in time clog up a little with metal fragements. The paper filters filter better but the cost is a little higher (CHEAPER THAN A NEW ENGINE !)

There you have it !

Good luck................?