XR Jetting Sticky

I've got an idea! Due to my recent PTA time with jetting, how about creating a sticky thread with jetting info? Basically something like:

Bike:XR650L/R

Year:19XX

Elevation:XXX'

Carb Type:Mikuni/Edelbrock/FCR/Stock

Carb Settings:XX Main Jet, XX Pilot Jet, XX Needle at Clip Position X, Air/Fuel Screw @ X turns out.

Exhaust Type:

Air Filter Type:

Are you happy with this setup: Yes/No - Why?

I'll start with my settings but my carb runs like crap so my info won't be very helpful. :thumbsup: C'mon guys, lets create a great big jetting database! :thumbsup:

Bike:XR650L

Year:1997

Elevation:100'

Carb Type:Mikuni Pumper

Carb Settings:150 Main Jet, 20 Pilot Jet, 01-97 Needle at Clip Position 3, Air/Fuel Screw @ 1.5 turns out.

Exhaust Type:FMF Q2 w/powerbomb header

Air Filter Type:Uni Pod Filter, airbox removed

Are you happy with this setup: No - Flat sputtering midrange, starts well, WOT is good.

I've got an idea! Due to my recent PTA time with jetting, how about creating a sticky thread with jetting info? Basically something like:

Bike:XR650L/R

Year:19XX

Elevation:XXX'

Carb Type:Mikuni/Edelbrock/FCR/Stock

Carb Settings:XX Main Jet, XX Pilot Jet, XX Needle at Clip Position X, Air/Fuel Screw @ X turns out.

Exhaust Type:

Air Filter Type:

Are you happy with this setup: Yes/No - Why?

I'll start with my settings but my carb runs like crap so my info won't be very helpful. :confused: C'mon guys, lets create a great big jetting database! :thumbsup:

Bike:XR650L

Year:1997

Elevation:100'

Carb Type:Mikuni Pumper

Carb Settings:150 Main Jet, 20 Pilot Jet, 01-97 Needle at Clip Position 3, Air/Fuel Screw @ 1.5 turns out.

Exhaust Type:FMF Q2 w/powerbomb header

Air Filter Type:Uni Pod Filter, airbox removed

Are you happy with this setup: No - Flat sputtering midrange, starts well, WOT is good.

You're sparkplug must be a deep wet black!:thumbsup: Don't give it gas over and over (twisting the throttle) when starting it. All your doing is flooding it. Ease up on the pumper's engagement to 1/2 throttle and/or remove the smog pump.

The pumper will change everything. I have one on my 440 and it's not the same bike.:ride:

You may need a larger leak jet. The larger the leak jet, the more fuel that is allowed to return to the float bowl. Instead of going through the pump. Smaller leak jet=more of a pump squirt.

As far as sticky threads, I like to let you guys have a say. I'll just watcH this thread and see what interest it gains.