HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Srad600

XR Jetting Sticky

3 posts in this topic

I've got an idea! Due to my recent PTA time with jetting, how about creating a sticky thread with jetting info? Basically something like:

Bike:XR650L/R

Year:19XX

Elevation:XXX'

Carb Type:Mikuni/Edelbrock/FCR/Stock

Carb Settings:XX Main Jet, XX Pilot Jet, XX Needle at Clip Position X, Air/Fuel Screw @ X turns out.

Exhaust Type:

Air Filter Type:

Are you happy with this setup: Yes/No - Why?

I'll start with my settings but my carb runs like crap so my info won't be very helpful. :thumbsup: C'mon guys, lets create a great big jetting database! :thumbsup:

Bike:XR650L

Year:1997

Elevation:100'

Carb Type:Mikuni Pumper

Carb Settings:150 Main Jet, 20 Pilot Jet, 01-97 Needle at Clip Position 3, Air/Fuel Screw @ 1.5 turns out.

Exhaust Type:FMF Q2 w/powerbomb header

Air Filter Type:Uni Pod Filter, airbox removed

Are you happy with this setup: No - Flat sputtering midrange, starts well, WOT is good.

I've got an idea! Due to my recent PTA time with jetting, how about creating a sticky thread with jetting info? Basically something like:

Bike:XR650L/R

Year:19XX

Elevation:XXX'

Carb Type:Mikuni/Edelbrock/FCR/Stock

Carb Settings:XX Main Jet, XX Pilot Jet, XX Needle at Clip Position X, Air/Fuel Screw @ X turns out.

Exhaust Type:

Air Filter Type:

Are you happy with this setup: Yes/No - Why?

I'll start with my settings but my carb runs like crap so my info won't be very helpful. :confused: C'mon guys, lets create a great big jetting database! :thumbsup:

Bike:XR650L

Year:1997

Elevation:100'

Carb Type:Mikuni Pumper

Carb Settings:150 Main Jet, 20 Pilot Jet, 01-97 Needle at Clip Position 3, Air/Fuel Screw @ 1.5 turns out.

Exhaust Type:FMF Q2 w/powerbomb header

Air Filter Type:Uni Pod Filter, airbox removed

Are you happy with this setup: No - Flat sputtering midrange, starts well, WOT is good.

You're sparkplug must be a deep wet black!:thumbsup: Don't give it gas over and over (twisting the throttle) when starting it. All your doing is flooding it. Ease up on the pumper's engagement to 1/2 throttle and/or remove the smog pump.

The pumper will change everything. I have one on my 440 and it's not the same bike.:ride:

You may need a larger leak jet. The larger the leak jet, the more fuel that is allowed to return to the float bowl. Instead of going through the pump. Smaller leak jet=more of a pump squirt.

As far as sticky threads, I like to let you guys have a say. I'll just watcH this thread and see what interest it gains.