Locked up kick starter! 08 Yz450f

Haven't really worried about this, but ever since I bought my bike I can kick start my bike a few times and occasionally it will lock up to where it won't kick. I put it in gear, roll it back and forth, then it will free up to where I can kick it again. Any suggestions? I think it is a miss-aligned tooth on the kick starter gear but I don't know. Anybody else heard of this happening to their 08 450:excuseme: ?

I had an 06YZ450, and now have a 2008 YZ450 both machines have done the same thing on rare occasion. It has never created an issue with me before, however I have no definate answer on the problem. I have spoke with several other 450 owners, different brands, and all have had this happen on occasion.

Nothing to worry about. This usually happens when you stall the engine. Piston stops just under the compression moment and the auto de-comp system can`t get the exhaust valves opened up.

^ what he said - only time I have ever noticed this is when I've stalled. Same happens on my 07 WR450.