HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trickedride

HELP!!! XR600 smoke from exterior cyl.

6 posts in this topic

86 XR600 i just rebuilt everything... new trans. new piston/rings, cyl. bored, new gaskets after a few months and alot of cash i finished putting it back together and now it seems like its overheating.....after 60sec of riding white smoke starts comming from the outside of the cyl head. :thumbsup: i shut it off and saw smoke comming out of the oil resi. too. Never smoked before i took her apart... the smoke will continue to come off the head untill she cools down.... the gaskets were new but cheaper, not honda thanks everyone

86 XR600 i just rebuilt everything... new trans. new piston/rings, cyl. bored, new gaskets after a few months and alot of cash i finished putting it back together and now it seems like its overheating.....after 60sec of riding white smoke starts comming from the outside of the cyl head. :thumbsup: i shut it off and saw smoke comming out of the oil resi. too. Never smoked before i took her apart... the smoke will continue to come off the head untill she cools down.... the gaskets were new but cheaper, not honda thanks everyone

Thats kind of normal after an engine O/H. Consider the spilled oil, new gaskets, etc... It should go away soon.

There may well be and I hope oil in cyl,from assembly and debree carbon buning inside the pipe as well.

You will also consume some oil until rings seat.

all the o-rings are in place....i guess ill keep on riding and see what happens...the engine sounds fine just smokin....