Freshen up my 450? (Oil Consumption)

i have a 2004 YZ450F that has recently (this season) been demanding a lot of oil. every time i ride it i have to check the oil and always have to add about 1/4 of a quart. i am really good about checking it, but it didn't consume any oil last season.

new rings and valve seals at a minimum?

thanks

i have a 2004 YZ450F that has recently (this season) been demanding a lot of oil. every time i ride it i have to check the oil and always have to add about 1/4 of a quart. i am really good about checking it, but it didn't consume any oil last season.

new rings and valve seals at a minimum?

thanks

Also, have you been over filling with oil? If so, it will get blown out the overflow tube, and will look like it is consuming oil when it is simply being pushed out. Also, running the bike harder than normal will increase blow by and therefore blows oil out the tube. But if it has not been opened up, you may want to do a piston, timing chain and valves(if needed). Hope this helps.

Also, have you been over filling with oil? If so, it will get blown out the overflow tube, and will look like it is consuming oil when it is simply being pushed out.
You can overfill an '04 by a half quart before it's functionally too full and starts blowing oil because of it. Dry sump oiling systems aren't affected by oil level until there's too much to fit in the tank, because until that point, it doesn't change the level in the engine.

If my '03 could run 45 minutes at the Elsinore GP and not use any oil, it hasn't got anything to do with running hard, either. I'd say it's time for a top end job.

I thought so. Thanks guys.