HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wicked600jockey

flatslide install

11 posts in this topic

any tips or suggestions on installing my mikuni. Its probably as easy as the removal but any tricks would help. Its pre jetted and set up by xrsonly. thanks

Is there any specific issue you are having? Installing my FCR41 pumper was a breeze on my L. Except the "Pre Jetted" thing. It had a 170 main and barely ran!

BTW, welcome to TT!

WELCOME TO TT BROTHER!!!! Since Martin didnt welcome ya!

Just for kicks what jetting did they set the carb up with for ya??? Did you get cables with it also? I was scoping some carbs yesterday myself, im on a mission now...HMMM

Martin, How much of an improvement is that FCR over the stock. Just got my bike(L) and I am pretty much displeased with how it runs. I am told that is not uncommon switching from 2 stroke 4 wheeler to a 4 stroke, smogulated stragulated CV carb...But I got it, so I must now improve it. What am I looking at for cost, total, to switch.

Martin, How much of an improvement is that FCR over the stock. Just got my bike(L) and I am pretty much displeased with how it runs. I am told that is not uncommon switching from 2 stroke 4 wheeler to a 4 stroke, smogulated stragulated CV carb...But I got it, so I must now improve it. What am I looking at for cost, total, to switch.

My FCR41 is a slant, non-choke model. I have never even needed a choke with 158/55 jetting and a pumper. Starts instantly when cold(below 25 deg. F). The biggest increase was throttle response, almost INSTANT. I am pleased with it and the Hotcam.

Cost was 500 bucks. I went with the FCR because I found it seemed to have the most tuneability over Mikuni and Edelbrock. Not from experience, just alot of reading.

Fit was PERFECT! From SUDCO , it comes with new cables and millions of leak jets(which I have never had to change).

have you dont any of the daves mods yet? JD jet kit? any change in jetting? Desmog? Uncork? this will all make a big difference if you havent already. If you havent done this stuff then you may wanna do the easy mods before you decide if you need a FCR

gas sat in the carb for a year and it wont run run right I checked everything from the tank down and figured if the keihn wasnt the problem I would have made a nice improvement for only 240 bucks... the bike ran perfect before it was improperly stored.

oh yeah the xrsonly guy said he would set it up for spring in NH he didnt seem talkative about it over the phone, it does come with throttle, throttle cables and a set of jets for a pretty decent price.

My FCR41 is a slant, non-choke model. I have never even needed a choke with 158/55 jetting and a pumper. Starts instantly when cold(below 25 deg. F). The biggest increase was throttle response, almost INSTANT. I am pleased with it and the Hotcam.

Cost was 500 bucks. I went with the FCR because I found it seemed to have the most tuneability over Mikuni and Edelbrock. Not from experience, just alot of reading.

Fit was PERFECT! From SUDCO , it comes with new cables and millions of leak jets(which I have never had to change).

Martin

What jetting are you running in your FCR?

As you know I run an FCRMX41 and have been using a 185.

Would this be too high? Like waay too high?

Motor is stock HRC628 with open airbox and staintune.

Martin

What jetting are you running in your FCR?

As you know I run an FCRMX41 and have been using a 185.

Would this be too high? Like waay too high?

Motor is stock HRC628 with open airbox and staintune.

158/55. 4700 ft. ele. I am not sure(I think the are)if the jets are the same between the two different FCR's. That jetting would not fly in my bike! Waaaay too rich. With a hotcam, my jetting is still spot on. Even when I went down to 2700 ft over the weekend.

oh yeah the xrsonly guy said he would set it up for spring in NH he didnt seem talkative about it over the phone, it does come with throttle, throttle cables and a set of jets for a pretty decent price.

I just finished this, and getting the carb/cables on is super easy (i won't talk about the jetting :thumbsup: ). The cables only fit into specific slots on the carb so thats a no brainer. Theres a trick about tying a string to the old cable, pulling it out, then tying that string to the new cable and pulling that through...this makes sure you get the routing correct. Other than that it's really straight forward.

Good luck man. :thumbsup: