'06 yz450f miss / backfire

Ok, help me out guys. I have a completely stock '06 yz450f that has a bad miss with backfire at about 1/4 throttle. I have cleaned the carb, thinking it had a dirty slow jet but still it's doing it. Is it possible that a burnt valve is the cause? Is the timing off?

The weather has been on the cool side but the spark plug doesn't indicate being lean. I did check the valve clearances but I've never had the motor apart.

I bought the bike 2 months ago and I've heard that it isn't odd to hear them pop and crack some. It didn't concern me until I was practicing starts and it was very noticeable missing with fire coming out of the silencer.

I'll try the unpluging of the TPS. Then I'll be back tommorrow with results and more questions. Thanks alot fellers!

Here are 3 things that are suspect:

Fuel Screw - buy a adjustable fuel screw to set this correctly -probably is not set correctly - ZipTy has these

Hot Start plunger - may be sticking in carb, moisture comes in from plastic nut on carb replace with Alum nut from ZipTy

Jetting is off - Also I suggest replacing the stock needle with newer NFLR you can get from any dealer.