not scientific

With my 06 I was using Rotella oil. I had to split the case after it was about a year old. Everything had a black coating on it. I just split the case of my 07 that is about the same age as the 06 was. It has lived on Amsoil. No black residue on anything. I am sure there are other factors involved, but makes me feel good about Amsoil.

What was your oil change interval on each and what kind of riding do you do?

I am not a fan of cheap car oil........in 4stroke Yamis that need oil changed every 3-5hrs of use. Some swear by Rotella, and most are Honda owners. I never have used it and never will. Amsoil is my preference for long term reliability and no sooty buildup. :thumbsup:

What was your oil change interval on each and what kind of riding do you do?

My sons bikes. B rider, MX only. Change the oil after every 2nd ride day.

I am not a fan of cheap car oil........in 4stroke Yamis that need oil changed every 3-5hrs of use. Some swear by Rotella, and most are Honda owners. I never have used it and never will. Amsoil is my preference for long term reliability and no sooty buildup. :thumbsup:

+1!!! Here we go again. Another cheap car oil thread. Its to the point where i say just let um run the damn stuff. You or i wouldn't because we know better.